Frequently Asked Questions
My Learners' Driver License is expiring soon. Can I renew it?
A Learner’s driving license is valid for two years, and it cannot be renewed again. However, you can retake the computer test to obtain a new Lerner’s driving license.
How long is the learning class time?
We suggest you take the 1-hour assessment class with our trained instructors. After evaluating your skills, we will advise you on the program. Our programs are very flexible to provide you the freedom of learning desired driving skills at hours that suits you well. You can contact or visit our driving school on the lower mainland. If you are in the Vancouver area, you can contact Tuning Up driving school in Vancouver for more information.
What driving skills can I learn from your driving programs?
All our programs are carefully designed to teach you all the necessary driving skills. Our goal is to train drivers that are responsible for the safety and safety of others. Our instructors will teach you well-structured driving lessons to enhance all your driving-related skills. Here is a brief list of skills that you obtain:
- Pre driving environment awareness
- Control of the steering wheel
- Two-point turns
- Maintaining speed with control
- Three-point turns
- Lane changing and speed adjustment
- Confidence building at large intersections
- Parking with perfection
- Backing up and turning
- Merging and exiting freeways and highways
- Avoiding head-on collisions
- Reverse turning
- Test Preparation
Can I drive alone with my Lerner's driving license by pasting Letter L on my vehicle?
No, a Learner must be accompanied by a class five B.C. licensee who is at least 25 years old. Moreover, you can also drive along with a trained driving instructor.
After getting a new license, can I drive anywhere by pasting the letter N on my vehicle?
Yes, you can. However, you must follow the instructions provided below:
- Novice drivers can drive with only one passenger if they are not immediate family.
- Always place a letter N on the back of your vehicle.
- To drive with more passengers, you must be accompanied by a class five B.C. license holder who is 25 years old or above.
- You must drive with 0 blood alcohol level.
I have a full license from another country. Can I transfer to get a full B.C. license?
Yes, you can, but only if you have a license from the approved list of countries that B.C. has provided: Here is the list:
- Guernsey Isle of Man Jersey
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States